Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Spray Bomb Paint Job

OK. She ain't pretty, but it is finished.

I think it looks better now than when I drug her home out of the pasture. More time and effort will go into the body and paint when I can afford it. Like when the kids are grown and I am dead...





So now a word to other morons contemplating a spray can job on an old truck.

DON'T DO IT!

It does look better than when I started, but I spent a lot more on it than I expected. I could have bought a simple spray rig for much less and probably gotten better results.

If I had it to do over, I would have left the paint alone and waited until I could afford real body and paint work.

Still, I'll drive it like this. Maybe I just have no pride, but I'm pretty dang proud when I drive Marge around town. She and I have come a long way from back when we started this project.


2 comments:

Rick said...

Looking good. Now go straighten the front license plate.

Mike said...

I'll get right on that. I bet I have some tape that will hold that thing good and tight.