Saturday, May 17, 2008

Marge is Back!

I spent all day under the truck. Started off by finishing up the install of the replacement steering column and the brand new rag joint/steering coupler I bought last week.

Then, when I realized that the shifting was all bunged up on the new column, I decided to rebuild my old one, with the steering shaft from the new one.

After 7 hours in the garage, Marge and I took a cruise for the first time since November 9.

By my count 209 days have lapsed since we hit mile 46011. Now the odometer is sitting at a staggering 46013.

I didn't really start off the day thinking I would make enough progress to take a drive, but good things come to those who cuss like sailors wait in the garage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello
My name is Scott Lancaster from DIYFather.com I was wondering if you would be interested in sharing content with my site and also if you would be interested in doing a podcast also?

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards Scott
scott@diyfather.com