Sunday, October 09, 2005

Fuel line install

I cleaned up and re installed the fuel line. I did not find a suitable replacement for the missing clip, but it is one of four, the other three are holding the line tight and in place. I'll keep looking for another clip, but for now, it is good enough.

While under the truck, I switched up the install for the inline fuel filter. Now, the gas line after the filter makes a much less severe curve before the fuel pump. I was worried that the sharp turn might be restricting fuel flow. By using a longer section of fuel line, the curve is hopefully less restrictive.

Still trying to decide what I want to do about cleaning the fuel tank. I may try to clean it up myself, soon. Then I'll just need a $30 fuel sender and float set-up to be running a complete and clean fuel system.

No comments: