Monday, January 09, 2006

Stalled Out

I could not get the truck to fire up yesterday. It was parked for a few days, out on the street, and I just wanted to move it to the driveway.

I changed the fuel filter and it still did not want to start. Once it did, it installed and idled really rough for a long time. But once I finally got it back in the driveway, it seems to be starting fine.

I broke open the fuel filter to see how dirty it really was, and it did not seem to be too clogged. The only other thought I had is that the truck was parked on a hill for several days. And it sits pretty level in the driveway. I don't know if the incline affected the fuel flow or not.

1 comment:

Darth Daddy said...

What always confused me for a few days was when the pick up on the distributor post went bad. Took me a while to figure it out the first time...then when it happened on a different car, it took a few days of denial (cause of how hard it was to fix the first time).

Shannon