Friday, August 19, 2005

NOW I am convinced

that the gas gauge does not work. I had to take my second Walk of Shame Wednesday evening. Luckily, I only had to walk 4 houses when I ran out of gas. Actually, I ran out up the hill, but I was able coast most of the way home. Plus, it was a gorgeous night for a walk.

So I borrowed a gas can, emptied that one and one of my own into the truck and made it the rest of the way home without problems. Except the problem of explaining why 10 gallons of gas in the truck ended up costing us almost $100.

It really is simple, I had to go to the gas station since both cans were bone dry. So while there, I filled up the wife's car. $35 gone. Then I decided to gas up the minivan and refill the gas cans. Another $60 gone. But that got both cars filled and 10 gallons into the truck.

Kind of sad, $100. And the gas gauge still does not work.

No comments: