We are having a party here for fifteen couples and their kids this evening. So I am avoiding the house and playing trucks.
This morning I ground as much rust off of the front bumper as I could. I did not deal with the big dent on the driver's side. Or any of the other dings. That will have to wait for some real body work. Once sanded, I hit it with a couple of coats of red primer and followed that with a few coats of white industrial enamel. After this stuff dries, it should be pretty tough.
While I was at it, I threw a coat of paint on the rear bumper, too. It is in pretty rough shape, so I did not spend much time prepping it for paint. It got a couple of coats of the same cheap silver spay paint that is on the wheels. I am going to dress it up a little bit, though. I am going to get some red paint and paint in the name of the dealership that is stamped into the bumper.
All in all, I think it looks pretty good. If the white looks OK when it dries, I'll probably use this same paint on the white parts of the grill.
By the way, this is not the mod I blogged about in the last entry. That is a replacement oil pan that I will install sometime later, since the truck has quit leaking oil. For now.