Thursday, August 24, 2006

Street Legal at last

Well I took a shortcut on the way to getting the truck road ready. I was going to wait until I was sure that the truck would pass inspection before licensing it. But now we are now licensed and insured. The Antique Vehicle plate is on the truck. Since it does not need an annual inspection with antique plates, we are good to go.

Hopefully this will make it a lot easier to get some more work finished up on the truck. Now I can drive it to the tire shop 5 miles away. Without the Antique tags, I would have to remove the wheels and haul them to the shop to get new tires mounted. Then I would have to mount the new tires and wheels myself. But the tire shops around here aren't going to do it any cheaper that way. Just more hassle for me.

I still don't plan on driving the truck a ton of miles. But it will be nice to be able to haul my antique self over to Home Depot in my antique truck. Right after I get some decent tires on this thing.

No comments: