Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Truck Registration

I have decided that I am going to get the truck registered as an 'Antique Vehicle'. That means that I can legally use the truck for "exhibition, club activities, parades and other functions of public interest... a vehicle in route to and from a location for routine maintenance is allowed" but I can't use the truck for "regular transportation".

So I am also using this chance to announce the formation of a new truck club. The TruckinDaddies Truck Club (TDTC) will collect no dues and hold no regularly scheduled meetings. And we will use my garage as our clubhouse for now. That way I can justify driving the truck up to Home Depot. Have to keep the clubhouse running properly and looking good, you know. Membership requirements will be decided later. But if you are checking out TruckinDaddy's blog, then you surely will qualify.

Besides, there are a lot of bugs to still work out on this old truck. So I figure that every trip I make will likely start or end at a parts store. As long as I hit Auto Zone on my way home, the truck is legal. But I still think I'll depend on our newer cars for my "regular transportation", whatever that means.

The real upside to antique registrations, no yearly inspections and $10 a year in registration fees! I bet you can't find a better deal in state government.

No comments: