Saturday, June 18, 2005

First Drive!

Thanks to Racecar Man spending an entire afternoon in my driveway and a new carburetor, I drove the truck this evening! Here is another view.

It was only a few hundred feet up the street, but it was still a drive. Except, of course, the parts where I was rolling backward because I had stalled the engine. And that happened a couple of times, while I was trying to figure out the three on the tree transmission.

But give me a break, I was driving up a hill. I got the truck turned around and parked in the driveway. But of course, I could not stay away after such a short first run, so I tinkered for a while, and drove it to the other end of our block and back home.

Later, I was heading to the far end of the street to drop off a vacuum cleaner, so I threw it in the bed and drove to Racecar Man's house and back. Three trips, no mechanical failures. What a day!

There is still a lot to do before the truck really gets moving again, (like rear brakes), but the to-do list got a lot shorter today.

Wanna come over and take a ride?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Marge lives! I'll be right over (can we ride in the back?)!