Sunday, March 27, 2005

Odd Things, #s 2 and 3

This picture shows a sticker that is on the inside of the glovebox. It lists every factory installed option on the truck. Actually only two entries are options, the Heavy Duty Rear Springs, and the Ammeter/Oil gauge.

The other lines tell the model#, the interior color and the paint color.

This is one of the reasons I was assuming the truck had a 307cid engine in it. Because no optional, larger motor is noted.

And here, you can see the rear step on the outer edge of the bumper. Here , is a view from a different angle.

This step is actually just a cap, welded over the end of the dealer installed bumper. I don't know if I will try to save the steps, but I would love to save the bumper. Across the bumper, stamped into the steel, is the name of the dealership where my grandfather bought this truck in 1968. It reads "Miller Chevrolet/Buick Rockdale,Texas".

You might notice that the taillight lenses, sidemarker reflectors and reverse light lenses are not installed on the truck. I have almost all of the parts, but I pulled them off to clean them up and to check out the wiring and fixtures. A few of the lenses will have to be replaced, but most are in OK shape.

No comments: